Bakht Arif, from Pakistan, sings Zinda Lash for Patronizing Indian Politicians (No, Don’t Listen to Honey Singh)
UPDATED : December 28, 2012
Don’t be a zombie. Never be a Zinda Lash.
No. Don’t Listen to Honey Singh talking about what he wants to do to the bodies of young women.
No. Don’t listen to Sushma Swaraj of the BJP talking about what she thinks is the zinda lash when she talks about the body of a young woman.
No. Don’t listen to the son of a president Abhijit Mukherjee of the Congress talking about denting and painting the body of a young woman.
No. Don’t listen to Anisur Rahman of the CPI(M) talking about ‘hala-fala’ girls and setting a rate to the body of Mamata Bannerjee and any young woman.
No. Don’t listen to Mamata Bannerjee of the TMC, chief minister of West Bengal talking about the motives that determine the movement of the body of a young woman.
No. Don’t listen to Botsa Satyanarayana of the Congress talking about when the body of a young woman should be moving about and when it should be still.
No. Don’t listen to Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India, asking ‘theek hai’ after talking about a young woman.
No. Don’t listen to Madam Chairperson Sonia Gandhi’s silence about a young woman.
No. Don’t listen to the Delhi Police Chief’s lies about young women and men.
No. Don’t listen to General V.K. Singh, a former army chief, who talks about young women in Delhi and was silent about young women in Kashmir and Manipur when his soldiers went a raping.
No. Don’t listen to Baba Ramedev when he talks about how to make young women fairer and comelier and homelier.
No. Don’t listen to the news anchors of Lutyens Delhi who can’t look beyond the young women of the capital.
Listen to Haze Kay, from Kashmir, this side of the Line of Control. And now. Listen to Bakht Arif, from Pakistan, from that side of the international border. She sings for all the Zinda Lash, here, there and everywhere.
Thanks to the Cranberries, Bakht Arif and the Internet.
Never be a zombie. Never be Zinda Lash.
More from Kafila:
- Bakht Arif, from Pakistan, sings Zinda Lash for Patronizing Indian Politicians (No, Don’t Listen to Honey Singh)
- How Delhi police assaulted my daughter on 25 December: Usha Saxena
- An ‘I Witness’ Account of Delhi Police and RAF Violence at India Gate on 23 December: Sangeeta Das
- Armed Forces Special Powers Act provides impunity for rape: Warisha Farasat
- Stop Shielding Criminals in the Army and Security Forces in Assam: Bondita and Anjuman
- Play Haze Kay not Honey Singh: Music from Kashmir against Rape for Delhi
- Rape is allowed because most people don’t know what it is: Anonymous
- Sexual Violence and Sexuality Education – The Missing Link: Ketaki Chowkhani
- Misogyny, Politics and Zombiedom: From Sonia Gandhi to Botsa Satyanarayana
- How the God of Death Changed His Mind: Images from the Protest Against Rape at Jantar Mantar
- This is to clarify a small misunderstanding: Anusha Rizvi
- How not to think about violence against women: Noopur Tiwari
- Statement by women’s and progressive groups and individuals condemning sexual violence and opposing death penalty