Have you integrated digital signage into your business as your marketing tool? Digital signage, also known as electronic display or networked displays, is the use of digital equipment and Internet-connected software to publish information in real time. It has evolved from a technique used by small businesses into a sophisticated marketing tool. It is considered valuable because it provides convenience for customers through an up-to-date display of information about products that are available on demand.
- Contrast is one of the most important features used in any design project because it helps emphasize key elements and ensures they are clearly visible. Without contrast, a sign’s meaning would easily be misinterpreted. For example, with no contrast between images and background colors on an advertisement, the message could be ignored completely because it lacks impact. Now you’ve got their attention, what do you say next? Your business must communicate visually in order to build brand loyalty. Signage allows you to do this through the use of colors. Certain colors work better for different types of businesses.
For example, McDonald’s uses red in its logo for a reason. The color red invokes feelings of hunger, war, and passion which work perfectly with the type of food they are selling. A company car dealership would be well suited to use blue as a primary color in their signage because it is known to invoke trust and stability. Blue is also a popular color for children’s toys, which is an image the dealership wants to portray.
- Shape and size are other key features. For example, a square shape on a poster would contain four letters; an A4 sheet might just show headlines and not every word from a sentence written on it. Designers must understand what size letters and shapes are readable at a distance, or if they need to be bigger than usual (for example in the case of an advertising hoarding that is far away from passers-by).
- Contrast can also solve the problem of illegibility caused by very fine lines used on signs. Letters drawn with relatively thick outlines appear much clearer and easier to read than those with fine interior details.
- The design should use space not just in one way but should organize it so as to make a complex message more comprehensible to people quickly – for example, by using understandable hierarchies such as headings and subheadings which clearly separate information into sections.
- In order for their sign systems to be understood properly, it is important to use the correct positioning of letters. Visual perception is much better if people read text from left to right than the right to left. For this reason, designers usually place the most important information at the top of a sign (so that it will be noticed first) and then put less significant information into subsequent lines.
- Designers must also consider various aspects of how signs are mounted in the real world – for example, ways in which they can be attached or otherwise made secure. This could involve attaching signage to walls with screws, bolts, or nails; using sticky tape; using adhesives that work underwater; stitching them onto clothing, or even just taping a note onto someone’s back
- Space is another important feature. For example, the number of words that can be printed on a small postcard-like advert is only about seven or eight – and even this has to be reviewed when it comes to pricing design work. The same problem exists with designing smaller forms of signage, such as site signs (which must convey information quickly). Information needs to be presented in the most concise manner possible; graphics help here because they can show images instead of words.
Companies can personalize their signage with these features through websites like www.mandoemedia.com/.
You have the liberty of setting up different signage and schedule the times to display them. Set when the display should start and end. These timings are best when your company has scheduled promotions that run for a particular length of time. They also work for different times of the day, for example in restaurants. Different signage can be set up to show the different foods being offered throughout the day, for example, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
As you play different signages at particular times, get the sales and match them up with the signage that was being played at that time. This information will allow you to analyze what best suits and attracts foot traffic to your business.
Many benefits have been provided by digital signage. Some of them include:
- Increased sales: When your store uses digital signs to promote new price drops or deals before anyone else does, this will build trust between you and shoppers that build interest in purchasing at your store more than usual. This could lead to consumers being attracted to visiting your store more frequently.
- Personalized branding: By using digital signage, your store can build a consistent brand image for itself. This means shoppers will build trust towards you if they see the same images on each of your digital displays. A personal touch to your branding will also build positivity towards the media used by your company as well. It can build an atmosphere around customers that make them feel comfortable with their choice of product at your store more than usual.
- Increase traffic flow: When you use digital signs effectively it has been shown to build up shopping numbers exponentially. This is because a sign stating a new sale or deal will reach more people than traditional advertising mediums such as print newspapers, flyers, or radio commercials would be able to reach. This improvement in attraction can lead to an increase in sales and more footfall for your store than usual.
- Build a brand relationship: With the ability to build a consistent branding image across multiple digital displays, it will build an atmosphere around customers that makes them feel at home and comfortable with shopping at your store over any other stores they might visit. When consumers trust you and feel at home, it means they are returning customers which is a good sign of being successful as a business owner
Use digital signage to personalize your brand and communicate effectively regarding various aspects of your business. This marketing tool will result in an increase in sales, foot traffic, and brand relationship.